Getting into the spirit by spotting and correcting home fire hazards is good advice during fire season
Orlando FL – The Orlando Dryer Vent Cleaning Wizard suggests ways to show spirit during National Fire Prevention Month in October. This is the time of year when people should be double checking gas appliances to be sure they are venting properly. Poorly vented gas appliances, including water heaters and clothes dryers can lead to carbon monoxide accidents and house fires.
Dryer vent lint accumulation causes more than 17,000 house fires each year. These fires are easily preventable with regular maintenance to remove lint build-up from inside the dryer and dryer vent system. Here are some dryer maintenance tips from the Dryer Vent Service Wizard:
• Clean the lint screen or filter before or after each load of laundry
• Make sure your dryer vent system meets city, state and manufacturer’s safety codes
• Replace plastic or flexible foil systems with semi-rigid or sold metal material
• Keep the dryer lint screen clean and wash it every few months with soap and water to remove residue from fabric softener sheets
• Have professional Dryer vent lint cleaning done each year
• Don’t store combustibles, chemical cleaning products or chemical soaked rags near your clothes dryer or other gas appliances
• Do not leave the house or go to sleep when the dryer is running
• Check the dryer vent outside often for lint build up, blockage, damage or freezing
Professional dryer vent service is recommended annually. Dryer Vent Wizard (http://www.OrlandoFL.DryerVentCleaningNow.com) will also clean the interior of the clothes dryer chassis and inspect the belts and rollers for wear. Worn belts can cause the drum to become unbalanced and rub against other parts, causing the dryer to throw sparks which can easily ignite lint that is built up in the dryer vent system. This is one example of how a dryer fire starts.
Dryer vent cleaning eliminates the fuel that feeds a dryer fire. If the dryer does throw a spark, there is nothing to ignite, as long as there is a solid metal dryer vent tube. Proper dryer vent installation is also critical. Dryer manufacturers and building codes do not allow plastic or vinyl material for a dryer vent system.
Robert Moore purchased his dryer vent cleaning franchise to make a difference for residents in his community. With a passion for protecting people and educating them about dryer fire prevention, a dryer vent service career with Dryer Vent Wizard was a perfect fit for Robert.
Robert’s customers include residents in single-family homes, town homes, condominiums, apartments, duplexes and commercial facilities with clothes dryers including public laundries, pet shelters, beauty salons and more. Visit http://www.dryerventcleaningorlandofl.com/ to learn more.
About Dryer Vent Wizard:
Dryer Vent Wizard is a member of the National Fire Protection Association and the largest chain of dryer vent cleaning, repair, replacement and alternation specialists in the U.S. with nearly 60 franchisees in major markets. Dryer Vent Wizard franchisees work to promote public awareness on the importance of dryer vent cleaning to prevent dryer fires and save energy. Consumer education while making clothes dryers safer and greener are the main focus of DVW franchisees. Dryer Vent Wizard was founded in 2004 by Dave Lavalle who is also the founder of the Mr. Handyman franchise.